For a limited time, unemployed and underemployed Virginians are eligible for a training voucher to pay for the cost of enrolling in a high-demand workforce education program at one of Virginia’s Community Colleges. To receive a voucher, the student must:
- attest that he/she is unemployed or underemployed due to COVID-19, and
- enroll in an eligible academic credit or noncredit program.
Eligibility: To qualify for a REV Training Voucher to enroll in a high-demand workforce education program at a Virginia Community College, an individual must certify that he or she meets one of the following criteria:
- A Virginian who lost his/her job due to COVID-19 and received state unemployment benefits on or after August 1, 2020, or
- A Virginian who lost a full-time job because COVID-19 caused his/her place of employment to close or reduce staffing, and who is now working in a part-time job that pays less than $15 per hour. (Individuals who resigned from full-time employment to care for sick relatives or stay home with school-age children are not eligible for these training vouchers but may be eligible for other financial assistance.)
- DACA students and dual enrolled students are not eligible for REV Training Vouchers.